Hospice care, or sometimes referred to as palliative care, aims to improve the quality of life of people with an advanced, life-ending disease. It offers compassionate care to people who are in the last stages of life so that they can live comfortably and as fully as possible. Many people think that it is only recommended for seniors; however, anyone with a terminal illness can get hospice care when they are in the final phases of the illness.
A hospice service company provides trained, most compassionate caregivers who leave no stone unturned to ensure that an individual’s last days are spent with dignity and quality with their loved ones around. If you think someone is nearing the end as a result of an incurable disease, you can request hospice care through our “On-Demand” platform.
When Should You Call Hospice Care?
Studies suggest that hospice care is not called soon enough. Many times, the doctor, family members, or the patient will refrain from hospice, as they think it means giving up. Little do they realize that they can leave hospice anytime should they get better, and the disease is no longer a threat to life. According to hospice care companies, you should start it as soon as you get to know that the disease has reached a stage where treatment can no longer control or cure it.
Benefits of Hospice Care
- Hospice enables terminally ill people and their families to spend the last days together in comfort and with dignity at home.
- It offers pain and symptom management to help the patient be as pain-free and comfortable as possible.
- It focuses on treating the person.
- It cares for the entire family, not just the patient.
- It helps the patient live the best quality of life possible when nearing the end.
Feel free to use our service platform today and get access to a list of vetted Hospice Service Companies in a few clicks.